Saturday, February 21, 2009

A lost to the Arts world - IB

February 20, 2009

KUALA LUMPUR: Renowned world icon artist Datuk Ibrahim Hussein, affectionately known as Ib, died of a heart attack at the Pantai Medical Centre here at 3.50am on Thursday.
He was 22 days short of his 73rd birthday on March 13. He leaves behind his wife of 35 years Sim Hussein@Aisyah Abdullah and daughter Alia, 30.
(Source : The Star newspaper)
Indeed was shocking news to the Arts world including myself. I was just chatting with him not too long ago. He still jokes and we still laughed about some daily affairs.

On my last visit, I brought my friend and collague Michelle to his home and we met up with Sim as well. After we chatted, Ib & Sim brought us down to his home studio and showed us some of his latest works.

I was to get back to him on a silk-screen pattern as he wanted to do a piece on Barrack Obama. It was really shocking news to me that he is gone.

No comments: