Thursday, November 19, 2009

Make-Up Course...



As a hobby and personal development, I took up a make-up course with hairdo. My second class was last night. I had to be the model for my course mate Elvira and also me the make up artist on her as well.

Last night was beginning stages of colourful, fun and eyes make up. This was the result of Elvira on me..


I guess I had to be make-up upon to know the feeling of fingers blending foundation on my face, feeling of the hair on the tip of the brush, and sponges in a rotating motion to blend in the foundations.

It was a newer experience for me to be doing a full make-up on my course mate or putting a full make-up on anyone for the matter!!

Most of the time I just did some minor touch ups during my model shoots.

The topic : Smokey eyes... actually I wanted to do the Japanese Geisha but I spared her the agony of her walking back to office at 10 in the night with a white face and a small red lips.... next session I would have the chance.



One the contrary, when one side was done by my Instructor Lee Kuen, with the camera angle corrected, it looked like she was punched in the eye. So we did this for fun ....



' A report was made because I was punched in my right eye - domestic violence. '
What a story it would create. Hmmmm.. now I understand make-up and photography can do some wonders in story telling via pictures.

Voila my first make up on my course mate - smokey eyes with the help of my Instructor Lee Kuen....



Back to practicing on more faces.... lab coat on and seeking for more 'lab rats' ....
just kidding.... anyone willing to allow me to mess errr... errrr .. I mean allowing me to practice and make up on the face..... till then...next week for my 3rd and 4th class...

No comments: