Friday, January 25, 2008

KLIA Amusement

August 22, 2006


I just can't fail to amused myself every trip I land in Kuala Lumpur International Airport KLIA. We have one of the best built airport in the region but the workings of it seemed to have a flaw. I travel at least once a month via KLIA to various destinations. It seems every trip that I'm back if ever I have a checked-in baggage, I would seemed to need to wait 40mins at the carousel, that is not included the time I took to shift my bum from my window seat of the aircraft, seeing other passengers rushing to get out of the aircraft like it's the end of the world or there is gold to be picked up when we get to the terminal building. ( I never found any!)

Generally it'll be in the satellite terminal, waiting for the aerotrain, getting to the main building, going down an escalator clearing customs. On a leisurely stroll it would have taken from 20mins to 30mins before reaching the carousel. Not to mention putting our little thub print on the passport scanner.

Hmmm, I often wonder if there was any slight chance the MAB (Malaysia Airports Berhad) did a annual competition of fitness run with an average baggage with wheels, from the satellite building to the main building, it would have been less than 60 minutes!!!

It's funny when you see the staff manning the baggage reclaim area excuses's they have no doubt most recycled throughout the 365 days, the conveyor belt broke down.

Hang on, no wonder it breaks, we have increased visitors from various parts of the world. That's what I lie to myself in order not to test my own patience. But wait again, in the newspaper some week back that another airline is pulling out this sector.
I'm confused now, never mind I'm still standing patiently waiting for my bag that's still touring the world class KLIA airport. Seeing so many passengers zooming pass me with 2 or 3 bags in their hand carried from the aircraft cabin.

The moment I walk out to the arrival hall, it always reminded me of my childhood days when my parents brought me to the food court. Owners or helpers from the stalls would swarm to the table like bees shouting to you what they have, 'wan ton mee', Rojaks, chow kuey teow.....

Sigh.... even with a high security area, they cannot get rid of the touts. During the exits it makes it look like a fish market in Japan where they are auctioning off the best fish for a price, here in KLIA thay are shouting for passengers who arrive which hotel to stay, car rentals and taxi services.............
Will we ever change from this scene......just wishful thinking.

No comments: