Friday, January 25, 2008

TAXI's in KL...

After my amusement in KLIA, I know it's bad for me to criticise the issues but frequent travellers will totally agree with me of the scenes that goes on..... sigh.

My reason for writing is to enlighten and not to create any uproar since we have Visit Malaysia 2007/08

Now comes my ride on the Express Rail Link (ERL) 28 minutes into the city. Well it's kind of near my house though but not walking distance, mind you if I had 1 suitcase with wheels, I could be home much faster than my bags are needed to tour around the airport.

As I get to the Sentral station, I would queue up to get a Taxi coupon as we are not encouraging touts but there are 2 lines available, a budget & a premium taxi's. Hmmm, obvious reasons for me 5 minutes ride less than 5km of journey to my home in Bangsar.

I nearly dropped to the ground, not my slip disc this time. The counter attendant had the cheek to charge me RM18.00 from KL Sentral to my house in Bangsar (near the McDonald's area).

I just ask what about the price listed on the back of the board that spells out the fares.
My reply "We have changed mangement, the fare does not apply". wow I thot ok recent changeover of mangement, but hey this incident happened 2 years ago and I keep amusing my self every time I walk past the taxi counters, the fare listing is still there.

What a joke! 'Malaysia Boleh' attitude I guess. And the best part is there is a complaint number listed, as with all numbers printed anywhere in Malaysia for complaints, 80% no one ever picks up the phone. Sigh..... oh well, I just had to call my home minister to pick me up at the Arrival area.

Another issue is KL Taxi's are famous even in our neighbouring country Singapore. Most time I get on a taxi in Singapore, usual chatter where from, etc etc. I always get told this by a few cabbies in Singapore, "KL Taxi's very famous for not using meters and overcharging" Well obvious reasons I would deny the statement and guess what it's not hear say from these cabbies. This statement is actually related to them by actual travellers who visits Malaysia and ongoing journey to Singapore.

They actually open the taxi door in Singapore and negotiate the price before going into the taxi. Well I won't blame them, I would do the same in any foreign country if I was short changed. I hope there are enough enforcement officers in KL to deter all this bad experiences to the tourist, I guess not. Hey we created a distinct product that tourist will remember our country by..... ( I wonder can this be patent or not?)

Ahhh well, hope for the best......... Malaysia Boleh..........

No comments: